Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Spring Picnic









We finally got a sunny warm-ish Saturday at the beginning of this month. We headed out into the woods for a little picnic and hike. Here are some pics and speeches from our glorious sun-filled day.






We headed out to my "office" for the day. It really is my office but there are no pics of the actual building posted here. I did include a picture of the kiddo in a yurt. This is a pretty accurate take on a traditional Mongolian home. We replaced a few of our old army tents a few years back with these and Moon loved playing "house" in them.





I whine about the "commute" but every once in a while, I have a day like this that makes reminds me to be thankful for the gorgeous surroundings in which I work. Acres and acres of woods, a very Pretty Lake and all sorts of adventurous creatures like blue heron, deer, muskrats, toads, salamanders... heaven, really!



2 comments:

rebecca flynn said...

is that ICE?! jesus- its april!!

luna's pig tails are freakin adorable!

xox

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sara, I am so glad to have found your blog! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics of your girl--her smile is killing me!

Diane (a little further north)