Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sweet candy... sweet dreams




She started off as a princess but then decided she didn't like her princess hat (which did not stay on her head). She wore simple ribbons to the school party on Thursday. Friday when it was time to get out there on the streets, I suggested her pink tennis shoes to go with her costume (she had taken a spill in her "princess shoes" the night before). She opted for the pink cowgirl boots instead and the tiara-embellished cowgirl hat... she became a "princess cowgirl". My never ending love for Dolly Parton continues! She has a sparkly cowgirl Polly Pocket doll that I call "Dolly Polly.


She really did have a good time (even though the pictures seem sober)... she was pretty overwhelmed by this idea of going door-to-door and getting CANDY! Not to worry! Mom and Dad tested a goodly amount of the candy! All safe! She has gotten to stay out past dark a few nights these weeks (a huge treat for the one who is in bed by 7:30 most nights... "I can see the stars!") but our little sleepyhead actually requested that we go home... we were sitting on the porch of some friends while the girls tormented their dog in the front yard and all of sudden, she said, "Mama, can we go home? Can Papa carry me so I can go to sleep?" That's my girl!

No comments: