Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yes, we REALLY just want a healthy baby...

I am 21 weeks along. We went to see the midwife today and got to hear the heartbeat again. L does a FABULOUS impression of the sound. This kid is hopping all over the place. Just in the past few days, I can be sitting there and see all this crazy movement all over my belly--- like someone is doing some serious cardio in there.

It is pretty exciting. L and I agree that this feels like a boy to us. I have caught myself several times using the male pronouns. I need to watch myself, though. I really don't have a preference. People seem genuinely shocked (or mistrustful) when I say that. I don't think Papa cares either. So many of our friends and family have struggled through pregnancies and losses and challenging childbirth. We REALLY just want a healthy baby and so far, so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are over here thinkin' good thoughts for you and your little button. We wish you a happy, healthy, natural(!) pregnancy, birth, and baby- whatever the flavor may be!