Saturday, September 13, 2008

Family Holiday... Finally!


I received one of those kinda spammy emails on the Wednesday before Labor Day (from a rental website I have used before). I called and booked the sight unseen cabin on Thursday and we hopped in the car by 5:30pm on Friday after Stephen got home from work. I packed to much food, forgot the kid's life preserver and Stephen's sandals, but other than that, we were OFF!


We stayed at a lovely little spot just south of Traverse City on small to medium lake called Spider Lake. It was so perfect! The cabin was clean and rustic. It really met all of our needs. I wanted something quiet and off the beaten path. Stephen wanted something that would keep us dry and safe in the event of a thunderstorm. L wanted somewhere she could play, play, play.

The lake was sandy and warm (warm enough for me to get in and hang out!). The beach had shade AND sun, a porch swing, a treehouse, tons of sand toys and even a couple of swingsets!


We will definitely be going back to this little haven. We had not gotten away at all this summer and we all really seemed to need it. I know I was beating myself up for not doing "enough relaxing" this summer (how backwards is that?). Getting away and floating hand in hand with my little one on pink floaties is EXACTLY what I needed to face this fall's busy season head-on.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Looks fabulous! We miss you guys.