Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sweet Sweet Sunday Morning

The sunshine was coming through the blinds earlier than yesterday. Spring is officially here in Michigan. Luna scurried in our room and climbed in our bed as soon as she heard Tommy call out, "Oooonnnna."

Stephen and I kept our eyes closed trying to eek out a few more minutes of rest. Luna read Tommy's favorite book to him--- cover to cover. Although it was her favorite book for a long spell (clear mailing tape to prove it), this wasn't from memory. I heard her slow down and stumble on the more challenging words like "excited" and "brush". She even corrected herself once," Wait, that doesn't say 'I take off", it says, 'I take them off'."

Our little girl is reading--- reading to our little boy. I couldn't be happier. It was just one of those sweet sweet Sunday mornings.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Hooray for Luna...and for Tommy...and for you (did you get a few extra minutes of shut eye??)

Ms. Burrell said...

my mornings of both kids in bed are more like a free for all of climbing all over me and using my face and upper body as a stepping stool to get to the water bottle above the bed, which will eventually splash cold water on me...

Anonymous said...

Oh, jeez, I can't wait for this... That sounds so lovely.