Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Action!

7pm, 12/08/08-- Lost mucous plug--- realizing it may or may not mean anything, started making sure I was feeling ready. Stayed up too late doing some last minute work things that needed doing.

1:30am, 12/09/08-- Woke up with serious backache and realized I was having contractions. L joined us in bed and I was able to fall back asleep.

3:30am, 12/09/08-- Contractions woke me up again. Got up to do some stretching and reading. You know, "when do I go to the hospital?" After flipping through The Birth Partner and finding a stopwatch (didn't know my cell phone had one!), I timed things and realized I was still pretty far off. I was very glad to realize this as we were in the middle of a bad ice storm (lots of school closings today) and I didn't want to have to drive in the night on ice or have to call a friend to come over to stay with L in this weather. Wandered around the house a bit and went back to bed by 4:30.

7am-- Woke up to stronger contractions that required a bit more concentration. Still spaced out and pretty short but hadn't told L yet and didn't want her to wonder what was up. Did the normal morning thing and had my tea and toast and all that. Was getting anxious for S to take L to school. I really wanted to be alone and able to focus. Also feeling like this was the last time I would see her for a while or at least as an only child. Getting very emotional about the changes she is about to experience. Just love her so damn much.

9am-- They were gone. Got back online to send off a few more emails. Did that whole "I am away from work" auto-reply thing. Felt very liberating.

Now (noon)-- Just been nesting hardcore. I am in the middle of a million little projects. Our suitcase is packed as is L's for her "slumber party". Not wanting to answer the phone or talk to anyone. Haven't even called the two friends who will be helping-- one with labor and one with L. Should do that to let them know things are happening but I am so protective of this time and wanting to just be alone.

No comments: