Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Food for Baby Thoughts

Cravings:

  • Dry Cheerios. That was my go-to food during those early weeks of nausea (definitely won't call it morning sickness as this is a serious misnomer). I have eaten hundreds of bowls of Cheerios during this pregnancy (no other brand can cut it-- not the crazy expensive organic "oat cereal" and not the Spartan brand).
  • I have eaten 2-3 Arby's Roast Beef sandwiches (with original Arby sauce of course) during this pregnancy... this is more fast food than I have eaten since 2000 combined.
  • I had a few weeks a month or so ago when I craved HARDCORE really horrible fatty food-- specifically Double-stuf Oreos and Ruffles potato chips generously dipped in Hidden Valley Ranch chip dip... it passed (mostly, although my weakness for Oreos is an on-going lifetime battle)... I decided that some serious brain development was happening that week and the baby needed all the fat it could get.
  • Corned Beef. Yep! I cooked one on Sunday with cabbage and carrots and the works and it was so salty and gross and divine.
  • I have just been SOOO hungry. On numerous occasions, I have gotten up in the night for a bowl of cereal and then gone back to bed. Even if I am not that hungry, I generally eat a bowl of cereal before bed just so I can avoid this midnight snacking. It's cold in our house at night!

Other than that, I think I have been eating healthier and taking better care of my body. I think this is due to the fact that we really try to model good eating in front of L. I would say that since she started eating with us, we all eat better. Even with all of the above infractions, Stephen and I eat better than we normally would on our own. We really only reserve our horrible habits for after she goes to bed. If she only knew what we did after 7pm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rebecca flynn said...

mmmmm... double stuffs!!!