Monday, January 19, 2009

Postpartum Bubbles and Bulges

Getting VERY tired of wearing black speckled with spit up. Still wearing quite a few stretched out items of maternity wear--yuck.


I don't remember a single day during my pregnancy of feeling anything less than gorgeous. I really dig the growing belly and the full round hips and breasts.


Today, however, I am feeling rather bedraggled and homely. I support the notion that "it takes 9 months to put it on, give yourself 9 months to take it off". I am not really so hard on myself about weight or anything. It is just so hard to find anything to cover up in, be warm in, easily nurse in AND look moderately cute in. My main problem are these big boobs. I was a 32G during my pregnancy and things have grown! I can't find anything in this town that is comfy and covers and supports. I am skittish about ordering anything online for $75 + shipping. I have not had much success with bra and swimsuits online.

Anyway, my ill-fitting bras make everything bumpy and eliminate most of my comfy stretchy shirts. I need to do a serious closet-cleaning but shouldn't probably do it when I feel like this. Who am I kidding? I can't even manage to WASH the clothes we have, much less clean closets!

The boy is fabulous! He really is. I wouldn't trade any of it for a minute but I would like to feel cute for a few minutes. (I did buy some new shirts last week but it has been 3 degrees! I wear my black fleece with spit up on it every day!)

No comments: