Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mr. Smartypants

Why does he keep taking the outlet covers out of the outlets? Who does this? I will be in another room thinking he is playing quietly in a room that is relatively safe and he will come to me with several of them in his hand like an offering of treats or something.

Of course, I am not helping matters (the matter at hand, of course, keeping him safe and sound) by forgetting to do simple, yet life-saving tasks, such as: closing the attached gate at the top of the second story stairs, returning the other gate to its spot at the top of the stairs leading to the basement, closing the very hot oven once I get its contents out and turn off the oven, leaving the front burner on for hours with an empty pan and the handle turned out.

So far, so good. Tommy usually comes to me and "tells" me what is amiss. He'll keep coming to me and going back and doing this for a while until I figure out he is trying to tell me something.

Seriously, though, folks, I gotta get more sleep or something.

1 comment:

Ms. Burrell said...

geez sarah your house is like a nuclear bomb zone or something! you probably don't use seat belts either right? you know i'm just teasing? you are the most present and gifted mother! did our parents use all that stuff? shoot - i learned to go potty in an outhouse - almost falling in every time!